“Summer is the perfect time to mix up a batch of Rosemary Grapefruit Greyhound cocktails–so why not freeze them and make poptails? It’s a dessert and a cocktail all in one! Tangy grapefruit balanced with sweet rosemary simple syrup and a little kick of vodka makes for a fun and delicious summer treat.”
(Makes 12 standard popsicles)
– 1 ½ cups Ruby Red grapefruit juice
– 1 Ruby Red grapefruit, segmented
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 cup water
– 1 sprig fresh rosemary
– ¼ cup vodka
1. Combine sugar & water in a saucepan. Simmer and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat, add rosemary sprig and stir. Once mixture has cooled completely, remove rosemary sprig.
2. Segment one Ruby Red grapefruit and chop the segments into small pieces. Reserve half of the segments and distribute the rest between popsicle molds.
3. Mix rosemary syrup, grapefruit juice and vodka in a pitcher. Pour into popsicle molds, filling them ¾ of the way full.
4. Freeze poptails partially (about 1 hour) until they’re firm enough to hold a popsicle stick.
5. Add a few more segments of grapefruit to each mold, a popsicle stick and more of the juice mixture.
7. To remove, run molds under water for a few seconds until poptails have loosened. Enjoy!