While romance is all good and fun, it’s still so important to have a best friend who will always be by your side. I have always cherished my friendships, and made them a big priority in my life. No matter what ups and downs our romantic relationships might take, my best friends and I are always there for each other to fall back on. Here are some great ideas o show one another how important friendship is, i.e. “best friend dates.” It’s pretty much just an excuse to go on a fun adventure with a friend. And I highly recommend it.
1. Mani Pedi Date – Getting my nails done is one of my favorite little luxuries. And it’s even better when I invite a friend to come along with me to catch up on each other’s lives and read magazines together.
2. Farmer’s Market Date – The next time you go to an open-air market, invite your bestie with you to sample all the treats. Maybe even buy the tastiest thing you sample and take it to a nearby park for a mini picnic.
3. Hiking Date – If you’re not a big outdoors person, call up an old friend and invite them to take a spin or yoga class with you. The friends who sweat together, stay together 🙂
4. Movie Date – If you’re staying in, buy popcorn, milk duds—the works! If you’re going out to the theater, indulge in your favorite movie snacks and recap your favorite parts of the movie afterward. Bonus points if you see a comedy that makes you laugh so hard your abs are sore the next day.
5. Cooking Class Date – If you and your bestie are on a budget, you can browse through Pinterest or your favorite cookbook and choose a really crazy recipe that you’re both dying to try.
6. Impromptu Road Trip Date – Got a long weekend coming up? Take your bestie on an impromptu road trip! Simply pick a place that you can drive to in a weekend’s time, get in the car, and go. Bring your camera for this one!
7. Thrift Store Date – This bestie date is best when it’s not planned—just pop into a thrift store on your way home from Sunday brunch and see who can come up with the wildest outfit!
8. Fancy Dinner Date – For those nights when you’re dying to go to a restaurant but there’s no love interest to go with, get dressed up with your bestie and go together! Personally, I love getting dressed up for girls nights. It’s different than putting together an outfit you would wear with a boy because there’s no one to impress but yourself. And while you’re there, go ahead and splurge. These bestie dates only happen once in a while, after all.