BITE Beauty’s latest lipstick collection. The all-natural makeup brand uses only food-grade ingredients to formulate its wildly popular high-impact pigments—and its new matte crème lip crayons are no exception. Available in six buildable shades of strawberry, raspberry, peach, and currant, the moisturizing hues can be painted on easily to create a perfectly matte mouth, or better yet, patted down to a fresh-picked stain that lasts for hours. You are going to want them all.
BITE Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon, $24; sephora.com
1. Do a dutch french braid (a braid that is braided under vs. over) starting from one temple and braiding down the length of your hair.
2. Wrap your braids toward the middle of your head and pin down.
3. Tuck the rest of your hair into the braided strand and pin down, securing completely.
1. Gather your hair and split into two even sections.
2. Tie a knot.
3. Twist each end and wrap around the base of the knot.
4. Pin down to secure.
1. Gather a V-section of hair from the front part of your head.
2. Tie the rest into a high ponytail.
3. Take one strand from the front part of your head and two strands from the ponytail, and begin braiding them.
4. Continue adding strands from the front part of your head and the ponytail to create a braid that wraps around the ponytail.
5. When there are no strands left from the front of your head, continue braiding the rest of the strands from the ponytail onto one side of your head.
6. Tie off the braid and tuck the ends into a nook of the braid.
7. Pin hair down and you’re done!
Indoor Wall Climbing
You may remember visiting these facilities for friends’ birthday parties years ago. And now, if you take rock climbing more seriously as an exercise, you’ll reap muscular and cardiovascular benefits —plus the sheer enjoyment you felt as a kid!
Zumba and other dance classes
Who says exercise has to be monotonous? Bust a move and try joining a dance or Zumba class. And fear not: you don’t need to have the slightest amount of skill or experience to join a beginner class! For added fun, bring along your significant other or best friend.
Bike around town
When the weather permits, ditch your car as often as possible and hop onto your bike! If you work close to home, set your alarm a bit earlier to allow yourself more time for the commute. If work is a bit too far, ride into town for groceries or on fun outings with friends and family. Your body, the environment and your gas bill will all thank you.
Sign up for fun runs with friends
Races like The Color Run and Color Me Rad make for a great workout and lasting memories. Sign up with a group of pals and prepare yourself for five kilometers of fun—and color! To celebrate your finish, the race is followed by entertainment, music and food. Plus, the runs are for a good cause: both give a percentage of the proceeds to local charities!
Go on a hike
Explore your local terrain by seeking out and taking on nearby trails. Pull on your hiking boots (regular athletic shoes should also do the trick for less intense endeavors), leave your phone at home and take a few hours to soak up nature and get in some solid exercise. Don’t forget to pack water and a few yummy snacks!
Do you happen to live near the coast—or a particularly boisterous lake?If so, try finding a surf instructor (or a skilled friend with an extra surfboard!) to give you some lessons. The sport is a great cardio workout that strengthens your balance as well as your core, back, shoulders and legs.
Filed under Food, Health, Travel
I am a huge advocate of anything that gives me that ‘glow’ factor. That being said, spring is finally here to stay, and summer is right around the corner. So, what better time than now to get glowing? I’ve rounded up our favorite highlighters so that all of you beauties can easily achieve this luminous look. Go ahead, get your glow on!
NARS Orgasm Multiple ($39): This multipurpose glow-giver is a perfect peachy-pink shimmer that can be applied anywhere for mega-luminosity.
Dior Glow Maximizer Primer ($42): A primer that amplifies the skin’s natural light and boosts radiance? Yes please! Use alone or under foundation for a dewy complexion.
RMS Living Luminizer ($38): This best-selling cream highlighter is 100% natural and gives the skin a stunningly sheer glow.
Benefit High Beam ($26): An oldie but a goodie. This light pink luminizer gives an ethereal radiance that’s so perfect for spring!
Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights ($12.99): Revlon brought these babies back because they are that good. Mix a few drops into your base for maximum glow factor.
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar ($42): Give your cheeks a dose of luminescent color with this five-bar brick. We especially adore this gorgeous peach shade for the ultimate springy sheen.
Even though the weather isn’t quite as warm as we’d like it to be right now (except florida), we’re more than ready to usher in spring with our outfit choices! A pale pink midi paired with a button-down and plenty of accessories? Now that’s an ensemble that’s right up our alley!
1. Cotton Shirt, H&M ($29.95)
2. Knee-Length Pleat Skirt, Zara ($79.90)
3. TENOVERTEN Nail Polish in Prince, Sephora ($18)
4. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine in 18 Prune in Fire, Sephora ($35)
5. Onyx Phoenix Necklace, BaubleBar ($46)
6. Capsule Necklace, Need Supply Co. ($28)
7. Valentina Patent D’Orsay Pumps in Soft Desert, J.Crew ($238)
via glitter guide
Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day (fast-approaching!), here is an easy party punch that’s a far cry from traditional pints of Guinness and Baileys-laden cocktails. Equal parts tart and sweet — thanks to a heavy dose of lemonade and a splash of St. Germain — this punch is sure to lend a lucky streak to your St. Paddy’s day celebrations!
POT OF GOLD PUNCH
Makes 1 pitcher.
– 1 750ml bottle of white wine (we prefer Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc)
– 1/4 cup St. Germain Liqueur
– 1 cup lemonade
– Seltzer water or tonic
– Lemon slices + rosemary sprigs to garnish
Combine wine, lemonade and St. Germain in a pitcher. Pour over ice and top with sparkling water or tonic for a sweeter taste. Garnish with rosemary and lemon slices. Enjoy!